FREE introductory West Coast Swing lesson and NEW classes starting *TONIGHT* at Dovercourt House
Invite your friends, colleagues, family…..anyone you think might enjoy a FREE, no-strings-attached dance lesson – and they’re welcome to stay for the dance, too – tomorrow night at 8:00 p.m.
Other classes as usual….
6:30-7:15 p.m. WCS*Finesse “Finesse” your West Coast Swing with Shelley Saxena!! In a small group setting, you’ll receive hands-on instruction on how to smooth out your dancing, improve quality of movement, add styling and perform transitions more seamlessly. Classes are learner-focused – and we take requests!
$99 for six weeks/six classes including dancing from ~8:45 p.m. until midnight ($20 to drop in)
7:15-8:00 p.m. WCS*Repertoire Once you’ve mastered the Basics, these classes offer instruction in common West Coast Swing variations and concepts. Through drilling and review students develop muscle memory – and the ability to learn new moves more easily. Content changes every series.
$85 for six weeks/six classes including dancing from ~8:45 p.m. until midnight ($18 to drop in)
Finesse and Repertoire together: $145 for both six-week series taken at the same time
Drop in to both Finesse and Repertoire for $30!!
8:00-9:00 p.m. WCS*Fundamentals A progressive series of introductory classes to get new West Coast Swing dancers on the floor quickly and confidently.
$85 for a six-week series (no obligation to sign up until week #2)
Sorry, no drop-ins to the WCS*Fundamentals series. Students must start this progressive series on week 1 or week 2 at the latest. Graduates are encouraged to repeat these classes (for FREE) as often as they wish – also known as “Rinse and Repeat”.
~8:45 p.m.-midnight Weekly West Coast Swing dance practice – “Social” – only $5 (or FREE with any class) – all experience levels. No partner required.
You can pre-register for classes here, or at the door (cash or cheque) with our registrar, Amazing Grace 😊
SUNDAYS WITH SHELLEY
New classes are also starting next *Sunday*, April 8th at Rhythm & Motion with Shelley Saxena – www.shelleydance.com
Shelley offers Basics and Basics+ as six-week series; Intermediate classes are on a drop-in basis (dance cards available) followed by Sunday Fun Day dance practice for just $5 (or FREE with any class)
WHERE THE BOYS ARE
- Lucky Sipin hosts Monday night West Coast Swing nights at the West-Way and monthly TurnOut Fridays (details below)
- Kyle Fitzgerald is in Waterloo (see below) and is half of the Dynamic Duo for WCS Thursdays www.twistedsisterstudios.ca
- Nelson Clarke is the other half of the Dyanamic Duo – and is fabulous wherever he goes!
This just in from my favourite Twisted Sister about Thursday night classes with the Dynamic Duo:
“New 4-week series starts April 5: STYLING AND PATTERN VARIATION TECHNIQUE
Unfortunately, all follower spots are full. Waiting for our lovely leaders to come in. We need you!
Register and purchase class passes online at www.twistedsisterstudios.ca”
- *This* Saturday, April 7th – April Ancaster Dance – Joanna teaching Facebook Event or see the calendar
- Friday, April 13th – WCS Musicality Workshop and Toronto Swing Dance Society Friday night dance – see the calendar
- April 13-14 – Mario in Syracuse (the SwingDaddy’s “Farewell Tour”) Facebook Event
- Saturday, April 14th – Kyle Fitzgerald in Waterloo Facebook Event
- Friday, April 20th – TurnOut Friday at the 3 Brewers pub in Liberty Village – see the calendar
- Saturday, April 21st – Steps Studio Party with Hustle/WCS room https://www.stepsdancestudio.com/events/
ROBERT ROYSTON INTENSIVES IN ANCASTER – MAY 4-6
- Friday afternoon – Advanced/AllStar Intensive Facebook Event
- Full details for all three (3) intensives – see the calendar
Robert. Is. AMAZING.
MIKE TOPEL AT JOY OF DANCE – SATURDAY, MAY 26th
Workshop titles announced!!
2:00-3:00 p.m. Connection, Communication, Channel
(the stuff that makes improvisation work – don’t friggen miss this!)
3:00-4:00 p.m. Performing on Stage! Made Ya Look
(the stuff that gets attention is important)
4:00-5:00 p.m. Everything you ever wanted to know about Everything
(the stuff that Mike knows about everything; your questions sorted, compiled, prioritized – and answered!)
Individual workshop $25 each
All three workshops $60!! Available for pre-sale here
Facebook Event or see the calendar
But wait – there’s more!! Evening workshops and dance with Mike Teaching the WCS lesson
7-8pm Intermediate HUSTLE w/Steven James & Annie Lebedeva
8-9pm – Intermediate WEST COAST SWING w/Guest Instructor MIKE TOPEL
9-midnight – Social Dance (Hustle & WCS tunes)
No partner required!
MICHIGAN CLASSIC – MAY 31-JUNE 3
Get in the car and join us in this fun, star-filled event 😊