First-Tuesday-of-the-Month FREE, introductory no-strings-attached lesson *TONIGHT*, Tuesday, February 6th at the Dovercourt House 8:00-9:00 p.m., followed by dancing.
Thank you, Shelley Saxena for your invaluable support in offering this monthly opportunity to new dancers!! ❤
Other classes as usual (*last* in the current series):
6:30-7:15 p.m. WCS*Finesse – with Shelley $20 to drop in, including dancing
7:15-8:00 p.m. WCS*Repertoire – $18 to drop in, including dancing
(Best bang for your dance buck: both Finesse and Repertoire for $30, including dancing)
8:00-9:00 p.m. WCS*Fundamentals – last in the current series; new classes start *next* week: February 13th
9:00 p.m.-midnight – Social dancing for all levels – no partner required! (and FREE to anyone taking the free introductory lesson) – $5 otherwise
See www.towestcoast.com/classes for more information about classes
At the Dovercourt House, 805 Dovercourt Rd. (west of Ossington, north of Bloor)
WEAR RED! *NEXT* TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13th
We’re celebrating Valentine’s Day *and* Chinese New Year at the Dovercourt House with hearts and lanterns – and *new classes* starting in all three levels, followed by dancing.
Do you know what animal you are in the Chinese Zodiac? https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-zodiac/
I happen to be an Earth Dog, which kind of makes this my year, and I’d like to celebrate the Year of the Dog by bringing together a couple of annual events/projects:
- I’m thinking the dog fountain at Berczy Park would be a great back-drop to this year’s International West Coast Swing Flash Mob (with group photos at the Flat Iron Building, and perhaps multiple performances near the Sony Centre, on the Esplanade, and may-be St. Lawrence Market)
- I’m also planning on kicking off this year’s fundraising efforts on behalf of CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health) early, with donations to their Pet Therapy program
A ruff day at work is a great piece about one of their dog “volunteers” ❤
JUST ANNOUNCED: RORO IS BACK!! MAY 4-6
The inimitable Robert Royston is coming back to Ancaster to deliver three (3) five-hour “intensive” workshops:
Friday, May 4th 2:30-5:00 p.m. and 6:30-9:00 p.m.
(Advanced and All-Star Dancers only) “Things Every All Star Should Know to Make it to Champions”
Saturday, May 5th 12:30-3:00 p.m. and 3:30 to 6:00 p.m.
“Moves Everyone Should Know That Aren’t Being Taught Anymore”
Sunday, May 6th 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
“How to Dance to the Blues” – practice drills and implementation practice
$125 for one workshop; $100 each for multiple workshops
Pre-registration is required for all three. Please contact Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org
TOSHC TO-DO LIST
The Toronto Open Swing & Hustle Championships (www.toshc.com) is our not-to-be-missed *local* West Coast Swing event.
Registration is now open, and here are just a few suggestions to make the most of the event:
- Register early, to take advantage of the Early Bird rate of $170 ($180 at the door)
- Invite your West Coast Swing pals “from away” to join us at a special *fly-in* rate
- Plan to attend one of the unique intensives being offered pre-event (Robert Royston Master Class or the Kyle & Sarah Novice Intensive)
- Review staff list and start looking forward to the workshops you plan to attend
- Line up your Strictly partner(s)
- Submit your email address to get regular TOSHC updates delivered to your email inbox
- Check out the TOSHC Facebook Page – and click “Going” 😊
SWINGTACULAR: THE GALACTIC OPEN – AUGUST 2-6
If you’ve seen any of my Facebook posts recently you’ll know that my business trip to Ottawa coincided with a workshop weekend with Ben McHenry and Cameo Cross. I can’t say enough about how much I admire this couple – as dancers, as human beings, and as Event Directors for one of the most kiss-a$$ events on the planet.
Check out the schedule here! (yeah, they are that organized 😊) Great workshops, fun competitions, and social dancing starting no later than 10:30 each night. Love it!
Registration is open (International Pass US$110) and the hotel (Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport) link is live
So, who’s joining me??
FOMO? Don’t miss TurnOut Friday (*this Friday* February 9th) at 3 Brasseurs in the Liberty Village (Facebook Event), Shelley’s Followers’ Secrets Styling Workshop (*next* Saturday, February 17th), and other weekly and monthly events on the TOWestCoast calendar
Bringing home some Ottawa Dance Dust tonight; dancers there really know how to have a good time!