Phat – adjective/informal: excellent,“a phat and funky sound”
Join us **tonight** at the Dovercourt House for some excellent, funky sounds and classes as usual:
6:30-7:15 p.m. WCS*HD for some phat footwork drills and applications with Shelley Saxena – $18 to drop in
7:15-8:00 p.m. WCS*Repertoire for even more phat footwork to add to your leadable social patterns – $15 to drop in
8:00-9:00 p.m. WCS*Fundamentals phat basic technique and patterns to get you dancing to the phattest dance ever 🙂 (Sorry, no drop-ins – see below for FREE class being offered at the same time)
9:00 p.m-midnight Fun, phat social dancing for all!!
*FREE* Phat Introductory Lesson!! – also at 8:00 p.m., followed by social dancing – also *FREE* for students of any level/class ($5 for the social only)
JUST ANNOUNCED!! MOTION STUDY WEEKEND WITH SHELLEY SAXENA – APRIL 14-15
Designed specifically for West Coast Swing dancers to improve quality of movement, footwork, isolations, balance and style – Shelley is offering two classes/opportunities to learn the 64-count Motion Study, and an “Awesome Application” workshop.
FRIDAY, APRIL 14 (Good Friday)
6:30-8:30 p.m. – Learn the motion study
SATURDAY, APRIL 15
2:00-4:00 p.m. – Motion study repeated (as a review or for new learners)
5:00-7:00 p.m. – Motion study application workshop; i.e. inserting the movements into your West Coast Swing
PRICING (by April 7th)
All three workshops (6 hours) $60
Two workshops (4 hours) $45
Individual workshop (2 hours) $25
At Main Fitness, 138 Main St. (The Beach) – near Main TTC; parking available
www.shelleydance.com or see the calendar
- Sunday nights at Rhythm & Motion continue to be AMAZING!
- Dynamic Duo Thursdays schedule update: wrapping up the current series March 9th (see calendar), single 90-minute lesson and guided practice only on March 16th, NO classes/NO practice March 23rd, and new four-week series starting March 30th
- TSDS Dance and Night Club 2 lesson with Michelle Regal – Friday, March 10th – see calendar or www.tsds.ca
- Steps Studio Party with WCS/Hustle room – Saturday, March 11th – see calendar for details
- Nelson Clarke is in Ancaster teaching afternoon workshops and the Intermediate lesson in March 18th – see calendar for details
- Lucky Sipin launches Monday night WCS at the West-Way starting March 20th – see calendar for details
- Hustle &WCS Weekend Intensive at Joy of Dance with Jameson Kilburn & Daniel McGee March 30-April 2 Facebook Event or see the calendar
- UofT’s “Festival of Dance” will include a WCS performance by our own Awesome Threesomes!!! Friday, March 31
AWESOME THREESOME Try-outs are taking place April 1st and again on April 8th
Facebook Event or see the calendar
Join the Team and perform at the Toronto Open Swing and Hustle Championships (TOSHC) in July!!