Just two weeks until our Annual Benefit Dance on behalf of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). This is a gentle reminder to make your online donation in advance to secure your spot on the “Very Generous Dancer” list. You’ll be recognized at the door as a VGD – and *not* asked for the suggested entrance fee of $10 – *and* you’ll receive a tax-deductible charity receipt.
We still have spots available to take part in the Jack & Jill Tournament – for both Leaders and Followers. This lively dance competition is always the highlight of the evening, whether you participate or simply watch (and try to influence the judge’s decisions by cheering for your favourite couple!). The tournament is limited to 16 Leaders and 16 Followers and the cost to enter is $15. Everyone walks away with a “thanks for playing” gift and the top four couples win passes to one of four events: Swingtacular, Phoenix 4th of July, Michigan Classic, or the Toronto Open Swing & Hustle Championshops (TOSHC). This year we’re adding a “Wild Card” round for a second pair of passes to TOSHC.
Last but not least we have RAFFLE PRIZES!! Jewellery, art, household appliances, bottles of wine, and gift certificates for private dance lessons, horseback riding, esthetician services…..the list continues to grow thanks to our generous donors. To give you an idea of how the Raffle Table works we’re going to have s “pop-up” version the week TONIGHT, featuring a wide range of documentary films on DVD.
Raffle tickets are a “toonie a ticket”, three (3) for $5.00, or ten (10) for $10. We’ll make the draw at the end of the night but you don’t have to be there to win; just make sure you write your name on your ticket.
Facebook Event or please see the calendar.
WHY CAMH?? Check out their Facebook Page for inspiring stories about the work they with for their clients, and positive changes in attitudes towards mental illness and addiction.
ALSO THIS WEEK….
- We’re down to the second-to-last Monday night WCS lesson at the Lithuanian House with the Toronto Swing Dance Society. Drop-ins are still permitted to the Intermediate class only 8:45-9:45 p.m. Please see torontoswingdancesociety.ca for more details, or check the calendar
- Tuesday night classes continue in all three levels at the Dovercourt House, followed by social dancing starting at ~8:45 p.m. *NEW* classes start again November 22nd and run for six weeks until December 27th. You can pre-register in advance at http://towestcoast.com/purchase-classes/
- Thursday night Dynamic Duo classes with Nelson Clarke and Kyle Fitzgerald are ongoing Thursday nights near Dupont and Spadina. See the calendar or contact Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details – and yes there is a social starting at 10:00 p.m.
- Friday night TSDS “all-swing” dance at the Lithuanian House with East Coast Swing lesson taught by Mark Read http://torontoswingdancesociety.ca/friday-dances/
- Joy of Dance is hosting their monthly Hustle & West Coast Swing dance party Saturday night – with lessons in both dances and dancing to a great “crossover” mix of music. See the Facebook Event page for more details or check the calendar.
- I love Sundays! with Shelley Saxena at Rhythm and Motion in the Junction. A new three-week Basics+ series is starting (5:00-6:00 p.m.), followed by an Intermediate drop-in class (6:00-7:00 p.m.), followed by two hours of fun social dancing. shelleydance.com
CAMH Benefit Dance – November 15th
Westie-Con – November 17-20
Spotlight Dance Celebration – December 30, 2016-January 2, 2017
Swingcouver – January 19-22, 2017
Check the calendar for more!