The good news is that “there is no scientific basis” that the third Monday in January is the saddest day of the year – but “Anything that can help us to open the dialogue and conversation about mental health can be a positive thing” according to CAMH clinical psychologist Dr. Katy Kamkar.
It could just be a marketing ploy by airlines and travel agents to get us to book a trip south.
Me, I’m heading west – to Swingcouver!!! It’s one of my favourite events on the World Swing Dance Council circuit, with a star-studded professional staff: Jordan & Tatiana, Kyle & Sarah, Robert Royston, Ben & Cameo, Benji Schwimmer, Ben & Victoria, Chris & Tara, Hugo & Stacy…. The list really does go on. FOMO? I thought so. Mark your calendar for January 25-27, 2019 and plan to join my all-Toronto Table.
Meanwhile, back in the 6ix….
- Monday night classes continue at the West-Way with Lucky Sipin. Please see the calendar
- Tuesday night classes (week #3) continue and weekly dance party with DJ Rain at the Dovercourt House GroovyTuesday
- Thursday night classes and guided practice with the Dynamic Duo, Nelson Clarke and Kyle Fitzgerald. See the calendar
- Saturday afternoon Followers’ Styling Secrets workshop with Shelley Saxena *at Joy of Dance* www.shelleydance.com or see the calendar
- Saturday night monthly Hustle and West Coast Swing classes and dance, also at Joy of Dance Facebook Event or see the calendar
- WCS Sunday with Shelley Saxena at Rhythm & Motion www.shelleydance.com or see the calendar
- TOSHC Registration opens this week!!! www.tosch.com
BAMEO WORKWSHOP WEEKEND IN OTTAWA!! February 2-24
West Coast Swing power couple Ben McHenry and Cameo Cross are bringing a bit of California warmth – and their mad skills – to our nation’s capital for nine (9) hours of levelled workshops plus a three-hour competitors’ workshop and social dancing Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
Facebook Event or go directly to www.ottawadances.com to register and to inquire about Private Lessons.
Fun birthday celebrations (mmmmmm….) TONIGHT at the Dovercourt House (805 Dovercourt Rd., 1st floor) will shake the blues away!!! Join us to connect IRL 😊
SAVE THE DATE! JulieFest ReDux weekend May 25-27, 2018Share