The busier the Pro, the more chaotic they are at scheduling their own time. Case in point: 10 Time World Champion Dancer, Robert Royston found he had a conflict with the UK Championships over the dates he was already booked to come to Ancaster. (We love you, Robert!) The NEW DATES for this three mini-intensives are: April 1-2
Class size is limited. All 3 intensives together are $300. Individual intensive pricing is below.
- Decoding/Charting the Music: Sat Apr 1, 2017 (3 hrs). This is the short version of Robert’s 8 hour musicality intensive. It teaches you the structure of songs so that you can anticipate where breaks will be, speed or mood changes, accents etc after you have listened to the first part of the song, while dancing to it. He has not taught this intensive in Ontario for 3 yrs so for newer people who never had a chance to attend it, we are re-running it. Class runs 9:15 a.m. sharp – 12:15 p.m. $125
- Matching the Style of the Music: Sat Apr 1, 2017 (5 hrs). If someone watched you dance on a video with the music turned down, would they know if you were dancing to a lyrical, blues or hip hop type of song? Our movements are supposed to match the style of the music as part of musicality. Robert will be teaching how to adapt your movements and do accents to reflect different styles. This was a very popular class last year and he taught a shorter variation on it at TOSHC last year. He will teach new content compared to those intensives. This is not a lecture style intensive. Classes will be 1:15–6:15. $160
- Quality of Movement: Sun Apr 2, 2017 (5 hrs). Back by popular demand is the quality of movement workshop that Robert taught 5 yrs ago in Ancaster. The focus is on how to move beautifully and efficiently, and improve partner communication. The intensive consists of drills and lecture. Classes will be 11 – 1:00 and 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. $160
Marshall United Church, 20 Gilbert Ave. Contact Elaine Royds at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
ALSO IN APRIL: Swingin’ Montreal 2017 – Maxime and Torri Edition – April 21 & 22
For the first time in Montreal, Maxime and Torri (nee Smith) Zzaoui will be teaching a weekend intensive with a focus on in competition skills
– How do you recover from a mistake?
– What do you do if your partner is off time?
– Is the corner really the WORST place to end up during prelims?
– Can you explain what the judges are looking for in Advanced vs Intermediate J&J?
– Does what you wear for comps really matter?
– How do you deal with THAT partner, when you just don’t ‘get’ each other?
With classes in technique, musicality, a personalized critique and Jack & Jill tournament (to practice what you’ve learned) $150 payable to Westie Passion
See the Facebook Event Page or contact Melissa Breton email@example.com for more details.
RECENTLY ANNOUNCED: One Love West Coast Swing Dance Party – February 14th
…at the Dovercourt House. New classes starting in all three levels:
6:30-7:15 p.m.WCS*HD with Shelley Saxena
7:15-8:00 p.m. WCS*Repertoire
8:00-9:00 p.m. WCS*Fundamentals
Six weeks/six classes – special ‘Love the One You’re With’ Pricing (buy one get one 50% off)
Brooke Filsinger will be deejaying, and yes – there will be Jade Cake!! 🙂
Also Special Delivery of “one love gratitude notes”, Best-Dance-of-the-Night thank yous, and random compliments Facebook Event Page
THIS SATURDAY, JANUARY 28th – MONTHLY HUSTLE & WCS DANCE PARTY AT JOY OF DANCE
6-7pm – Intermediate HUSTLE w/Steven James
7-8pm – Intermediate WEST COAST SWING -“Moves that show” w/GUEST INSTRUCTOR Kyle FitzGerald
8-11pm Social Dance (Hustle & WCS tunes)
No partner required!
$15 per person – 1 class + Social
$20 per person – Both classes + Social
$5 per person – Social Only
Ongoing classes Thursday nights with the Dynamic Duo, Sunday nights with Shelley and Tuesday classes at the Dovercourt House. Please see the calendar for more details and look forward to sharing some Swingcouver dance dust with you tonight!!