I’m so excited about how things are coming together for our September 5th Flash Mob – and my “our” I mean Toronto’s participation in a global West Coast Swing event taking place in cities on the same date all over the world.
Facebook Event – or please see the wcs calendar
**Open call for photographers, videographers, and “attendants”**
If you’re not performing the Flash Mob you can still play a vital role by manning cameras (your own, or others that will be set up on tripods to capture the action from various angles). Please let me know if you’re available to help out – your assistance will be *much* appreciated!!
Kyle Fitzgerald and I led a successful Flash Mob workshop at You Can Dance studios on Saturday. We’re rehearsing again this Tuesday night at the Dovercourt House, 6:30-8:00 p.m. (only $10 to drop in, including dance party/social) – and I’ve added another rehearsal *next* week during the JUKEBOX PARTY – same time, 6:30-8:00 p.m. – that will be FREE!!
On Friday, September 4th Daniel McGee and Jameson Kilburn will be teaching two West Coast Swing workshops at Joy of Dance as part of their Hustle & WCS Weekend Intensive (Facebook Event) – finishing at 9:15 p.m. – see calendar. I’m suggesting a “stealth” rehearsal on-site, i.e. in the park around the corner from JoD at about 9:30 p.m. No music – just marking the entrances, getting our bearings. Highly recommended!!
*NEW* Encore Opportunity!! Sunday, September 6th – between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Open Streets Toronto is a local initiative that’s meant to encourage “physical activities and healthy recreation” by closing down sections of Yonge and Bloor to cars, and opening up the streets for people: walking, biking – we saw people playing street hockey last year – and dancing! We could perform the choreography in several locations, and still make it to Joy of Dance for the afternoon Hustle lessons.
- GroovyTuesday: Flash Mob Rehearsal, WCS*Fundamentals (last class in the series), and social dancing ~8:45 p.m. until midnight at the Dovercourt House. See the calendar for more details
- Last of Shelley’s Newcomer/Novice summer series classes: www.shelleydance.com
- Toronto Swing Dance Society Friday “Summer Staycation” dance with David Ward and Maria Ford at the Lithuanian House: www.torontoswingdancesociety.com or on the calendar
- Saturday and Sunday: WCS Mini-Intensive with David & Maria in Ancaster Calendar or Facebook Event
- West Coast on the East Coast – I’m teaching a Beginner WCS workshop in Charlottetown, P.E.I. !! Facebook Event
- WCS Sunday with Shelley at Rhythm & Motion www.shelleydance.com or see the calendar
Jukebox Party!! Tuesday, August 25th at the Dovercourt House
Open House/Community Appreciation Party – FREE!!
NEXT *MONTH*: Please check out the September Calendar (and mark yours!!)
- First-Tuesday-of-the-Month **FREE** Introductory lesson and JUST DANCE with Shelley Saxena September 1st
- Labour Day Weekend: Hustle & WCS Intensive, Flash Mob, Open Streets Toronto, and “After Party” at Rhythm & Motion – WOO-HOO!
- “Back to Cool” Tuesday night classes September 8-October 13
- Toronto Swing Dance Society Open House – Friday, September 11th
- Joy of Dance Hustle & WCS party (I’m teaching the West Coast Swing class) – September 12th
- Waterloo Westies Saturday night dance – September 12th
- Jessica Cox at You Can Dance – Sunday, September 27th
- Vision Dance Encounter Pre-Party – Tuesday, September 29th
…and of course the October Calendar for:
- Vision Dance Encounter – October 2-4 : www.visiondanceencounter.com
- First-Tuesday-of-the-Month FREE Introductory WCS lesson and dance – October 6
- Montreal Westie Fest – October 16-18 : www.montrealwestiefest.com