Canada ROCKED! The Michigan Classic this past weekend. Event Director Doug Rousar expressed his appreciation for Joanna Swanson’s organisation of seven (7!) tables. That’s a huge amount of work. We’re grateful, too; thanks for encouraging us all to “get in the car” to attend this fun event 🙂
Quick Tuesday night/Dovercourt House update:
- *This week*: Tuesday, June 2nd is the first-Tuesday of the month **FREE** introductory class with Shelley Saxena, 8:00 p.m. Facebook Event
- *Next week*: Tuesday, June 9th is a JUST DANCE night with Shelley Saxena offering a few Private lessons and hosting a dance party from 9:00 p.m. until midnight. *NO* group classes; registered students attend the dance for FREE; $5 for everyone else.
- Tuesday, June 16th and Tuesday, June 23rd – classes and dance/social as usual
- Tuesday, June 30th – Last Tuesday of the month, last in the current series of classes, and the night before Canada day, please join us for a Red, White and Bluesy celebration!!
All Tuesday night classes and dance parties take place at the Dovercourt House, 805 Dovercourt Rd. , 2nd floor (west of Ossington, north of Bloor)
Quick Shelley Dance update:
- Sunday night Intermediate WCS lessons and socials at Rhythm & Motion resume next Sunday, June 14th
- The first in a series of two Friday night styling workshops at Diva Diverse Studios takes place on Friday, June 19th
WATERLOO WESTIES DANCE – *THIS* SATURDAY, JUNE 6th
WCS DANCE IN ANCASTER – SATURDAY, JUNE 20th
SWUSTLE-IT-UP WEEKEND – JUNE 26th-27th
- Friday night Hustle lesson and dancing to Top 40 at Steps Studio: http://stepsdancestudio.com/events/
- Saturday night Hustle and WCS dance party at Joy of Dance
See the calendar for more details here
CANADA ROCKS! LIBERTY – JUNE 26th-27th
The next US dance event invasion my Crazy Canucks takes place in Newark, New Jersey for John Lindo’s awesome event.
For those of us who teach (any kind of) dance, or just have a “helping” nature it’s a bit of an occupational hazard: the urge to correct or “teach” on the social dance floor, or when someone else is teaching a class. Not cool. Personally, if someone other than the teacher tries to tell me something in class I’m soured on the entire class experience – and on the social floor, you’re responsible for your own %#(^ dance, not mine.
‘nuff said (I hope!)
See you tomorrow night. I’ll be bringing my Michigan dance dust and some cool new music to play for you J. Please BYOB!! (Bring Your Own Beginner – for the FREE class)